Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sephora Blue Sapphire

Hi, today I have pics of a polish that's widely available: Sephora Blue Sapphire, one of the new glitter polishes.
I completely agree with Scrangie about this thing's application, formula and brush being really bad.
To get a decent coverage I had to apply four coats, which I usually never do. Also the tip wear is driving me crazy, I already know this manicure is not going to last long.
Which is a shame, because I actually love this color, especially in direct daylight.
I only bought this one, I decided against picking up a few more shades after seeing Steph's swatches. This is the only one that looked truly unique.
Now, on to the pics! (4 coats and top coat)







On a different note, today I went to a Centro Commerciale (Italian for shopping centre/mall) with my mum, and since my birthday's coming up, she kindly bought me a precious tiny little bottle of MAC Hello Kitty "On the Prowl".
I couldn't resist the lure of a "Limited Edition" polish. Plus I had been wanting to get a grey polish for a while, since I first saw ChG's Recycle (which I'm still totally gonna buy). The other two colors held no appeal to me, since I don't really like pink and find white polish kind of useless.
I also bought 3 more Crackle polishes (Blue moon, Ghost, and Jack-O-lantern) on eBay for an insane price. I really hope they get here all in one piece, if at all.

Whoa, this post is a mile long, and I still have to add the Italian part. I guess it's all for today. :)

----

Le foto di oggi sono di uno smalto facilmente reperibile un pò ovunque: Sephora Blue Sapphire. E' uno dei nuovi smalti glitter lanciati dalla Sephora. Il mio l'ho preso lo scorso mese dopo aver visto le foto di Steph. A quel link trovate le foto dell'intera collezione. Io ho acquistato soltanto questo perchè mi sembrava il più particolare. Purtroppo è un pò un incubo da applicare. Infatti è poco fluido, quasi secco e mentre lo mettevo l'applicatore ha iniziato a perdere delle setole. Per ottenere il risultato nelle foto ci sono voluti 4 strati di smalto e uno di Seche Vite.
Purtroppo so già che tra poco lo toglierò, perchè si è già tolto dalle punte, cosa che non sopporto.


Passando ad altro, oggi mi sono fatta portare al Centro Commerciale Cinecittà 2 soltanto per provare a vedere se da Coin fosse arrivata la collezione Hello Kitty della MAC. Sono stata fortunata, così mi sono fatta comprare da mamma, come regalo di compleanno anticipato, "On The Prowl", il grigio, visto che era da parecchio che volevo uno smalto grigio, e che non so resistere alle Edizioni Limitate. Gli altri due colori non mi entusiasmavano per niente, dal momento che il rosa non mi fa impazzire e non capisco l'utilità dello smalto bianco.
Prezzo: 13€, pensavo peggio.

La scorsa settimana invece mi sono data alle spese su eBay.com e ho acquistato altri tre smalti Covergirl Crackle (Blue moon, Ghost, and Jack-O-lantern). Spero tanto che arrivino a destinazione sani e salvi. Il venditore non mi ispira moltissima fiducia, ma ho voluto rischiare lo stesso...

Bene, sono arrivata alla fine di questo lunghissimo post.
Vi saluto, a presto!
:)

4 comments:

  1. OK now I am going to have to rock this np next and see if I have the same problems too. Especially b/c Thursday is National Colorectal Awareness Day on MUA and they ask you to wear blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's colorectal cancer month
    :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. scusa dove hai comprato il seche vite? ho sentito che in italia qualcuno lo trova =(

    valentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valentina, Seche Vite l'ho comprato su eBay da http://myworld.ebay.com/beautyzone2007/
    In 15 giorni ti arriva tranquillamente. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails